formVistatm was developed as an internal project at DTLink Software to help run the company's websites, engage readers, members, contacts and prospects and service customers. We decided to develop our own platform because we were unable to find anything sufficiently business focused that let us:
- develop content while reusing the designs we pay for.
- measure, in gory detail, what works and what doesn't.
- funnel all contacts, leads, prospects, members and customers into a single central database that we can easily manage.
- engage our customers interactively and let them interact with each other within the same plaform.
This codebase is currently not a profit center for us and as such it does not have the level of supporting documentation that a system of this size and complexity really requires. The system, and to a lesser degree documentation, is still being actively developed. We are using it as the basis for a number of intitiatives here at DTLink Software.
We are making available under a relatively permissive Open Source License in the hopes that it will be useful.
Please take a look and let us know what you think by posting in the forum.
For further reading check out:
- a quick summary of some of the features.
- the beginnings of the documentation.
- the Business Development and Marketing Blog.
- the technical blog.
Time permitting I'll put up a demo site.
If you have questions please feel free to contact me either by registering for an account here or filling out the contact form.